CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

com-pre and com-po

Dots.. I had the shock of my life yesterday when my tuition kid told me something. I'll have to start from the beginning

2 weeks ago.

Him: "My exams coming"
Me: "Oh, when?"
Him: "17th Listening comprehension, 24th Composition, 30th onwards the papers."
Me: "Ok, noted"

Yesterday.

Him: "I'm having my composition exam tmr."
Me: "WHAT?! I thought you said it's on the 24th."
Him: "24th is listening comprehension"
Me: "Err.. Wait, let me get this straight. What are you having tomorrow?"
Him: "The 'talk a lot and then ask questions' is listening comprehension or composition?"
Me: "Listening compre"
Him: "Ok, then tomorrow is composition not listening compre."
Me: "..."

At that point in time, I really wanted to vomit blood. How can someone at Primary 5 mix up Listening comprehension and Composition? Grr... Well, anyway, I took the whole 2 hours to brush up his composition skills which is like super terrible. No content, his language is like gone case. He has been failing his composition even before I started giving him tuition.

Haiz.. Wonder how he did for his paper today... Shall ask him tomorrow.

2 comments:

xxoos said...

wah lau... pri 5 still dont know the difference... must be the tuition teacher cmi... hahaha~

AikBoi said...

ya lor.. must be the previous tuition teachers all cmi that y all kana sacked.. I only started teaching him in feb..