CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 27, 2007

Pathetic Lunch

Today, pop over to Gardens' Cafe Cartel to study HY2245 with Joan. She wanted to eat the Chicken Breast Pasta while I was pondering over what to eat. Lazy to flip the menu and be spoilt for choice I chose the other choice in the Set Lunch menu.

The name: Breaded Fish Fillet with Sweet and Sour Sauce - sounds nice ya?

But the signs of disaster started to come... The soup came (and stayed on the table even after we finished it), followed by Joan's pasta. While I waited and waited for my FIsh Fillet... and waited.. and waited.. until the waiter came and cleared our soup bowls..

The original version
Waiter, "Are you waiting for anything?"
Me,"Yah, the umm..."
Waiter,"the rice is it? I help you check." then he walked away, before I could say 'FISH'

The annoyed version (if I was anything but annoyed)
Waiter, "Are you waiting for anything?"
Me,"Duh.. What do you think I'm doing here? Eating your free bread and drinking your free water?"

Well, anyway, after waiting for another couple of minutes, I went to fill my cup of water. The same waiter saw me and said in Chinese," Your rice need to wait around 3 minutes." By then I couldn't care less if it's fish or rice, just bring the plate to me la.

Anyway, it did appear after 3 mins and here how it looks.



it's really rice and fish.. and those strips on the fish isn't fries, it's capsicum. This dish looks much like what my mom puts on our dinner table.. I expected more from Cartel.. What rubbish. But well, the portion's pretty big, I couldn't finish the rice. But Joan the Foodie finished her pasta.. Amazing right?!!

Nvm.. I'll never order this dish again..

2 comments:

xxoos said...

the pasta was nice mah~
ya, i hate to eat rice outside because if i really wanted rice can just go home to eat.

cannot really blame cartel la, maybe just you a bit the suay only bah... hahaha~

Anonymous said...

={ is they never describe the dish properly..